Tuesday, November 17, 2009

where dreams come true!


saturday was such a fun day! it started out with some snow! burr. it was pretty cold outside, but good thing i had gloves :) me and matthew first went to Sam's Club to get him some snow tires for his car. While we were waiting, we sampled some of the foods:) twice! haha they had some yummy meatballs. delicious! then we went over to the food court, shared a hot dog and a churro. mmm. then on the way out, we saw this older man pushing out one of those really big carts that people have when they have a bunch of stuff, so we offered to help him load it al into his car. He must have been buying for vending machines or a store because he had SO much stuff. and it was just drinks mainly. But, we were able to do that service for him which made us feel good :)

A little bit later, it was time for our big date :) Olive Garden, then DISNEY PRINCESSES ON ICE!!! ah. olive garden was way good, as usual. I got spaghetti and matthew got chicken parmesan. both were yum. then we headed over to the arena :) we parked in the LDSBC parking garage since it is free for students. and we walked over to the Energy Solutions Center. All the little girls were all dressed up as one of the Princesses, SO CUTE! i am totally doing that with my daughter when i have one haha. but i felt like i was the ONLY one not dressed up haha guess i didn't get the memo. But it was way fun! i have a lot of pictures up on facebook. My camera died at intermission :( so i didn't get as many pics as i would have liked to. but oh well, i got some good ones.

Throughout the whole show, there were cute little girls dancing, singing, and asking questions behind and beside us! it was adorable. There was a cute little girl right behind us who was so concerned about the little mermaid, she kept asking "Where did ariel go?! is she okay?!" haha it was precious. Overall, it was soo fun. i would definitely go again! haha


The whole thing was matthew's idea, i had mentioned that i had wanted to go, but a week or so after i had mentioned it, he bought the tickets without me even knowing! he is such a sweetheart!What a wonderful weekend it was! its been about 2 and a half months now since we started dating, time has flown by so quickly! But he is way sweet and is super good to me. He puts up with my weird self much better than anyone haha I'm glad we get to spend time together almost daily.
I also have recently come to a realization about how much i owe my mother. She, IS AMAZING. seriously. i don't know how she does it. In a recent conversation with her, i realized how much i have taken what she did/does for granted. She's had it harder than i ever thought. I love her so much!!! and i cant wait to go home in a week and tell her in person. She is my idol. :)

I get to go home in a week! but first i have about 3 papers to write.. so i better start on those!

xoxo haley jean

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha I'm glad I put up with your weird stuff (not that there is anything weird about you (; ). I had so much fun with you on our date. I wouldn't want to go to Disney Princesses on Ice with anyone else. Love you!