Wednesday, November 11, 2009

blessings only come to those who notice -dove chocolate

lately, I've been thinking a lot about the meaning of life and how important it is to not take anything for granted. In the past month, my bishop, an old friend who was my age, and Fort Hood victims have all passed away. All of these deaths were unexpected and way tragic. Life has so much meaning, live like it was your last day.



My bishop was in perfect health, had just had a 'checkup' with the doctor a few weeks before and nothing was wrong. He was mountain bike riding with his son, who is about 24(?), and had a sudden heart attack and died instantly. That same morning, him and his wife had gone to the temple. What a wonderful way to end your life. I was able to go to the viewing and funeral. Our ward was able to participate in the funeral by singing a hymn. it was a wonderful experience. way sad. He was able to spend quality time with each of his 3 kids before he passed away(all of his kids were married). And i found out that 3 years ago, 2 of his kids were killed in a car accident.. way sad also. Then, this past Sunday, his wife and 3 kids came to our fast and testimony meeting, each bore their testimony to us and it was awesome. lots of tears.



On a happier note, i am now the official ward pianist and music director. music director meaning choosing hymns for Sunday. it is a pretty cool calling, pretty easy not requiring too much. and my mom sent me a spiral hymn book and a spiral children's song book! so, during my free time i try to go down to the common room and practice. and i have the challenge/opportunity of going to ward council on Sunday mornings at 8 am. i say 'challenge/opportunity' because lately i have not had the best mood of going to ward council, you could say it has been a problem... and yesterday in communications i learned that we should never use the word 'problem'. if we see it as a problem, we are less likely to 'solve' the problem. but, when seeing it as an opportunity or a challenge, we are much more likely to want to achieve it. so that is my new goal, to see things as challenges and opportunities rather than problems :)



Thanksgiving is also coming up. I'm way excited to go home. I am thankful for having braces because i wouldn't be going home if i didn't have them :) I am also thankful for technology and the opportunity it gives me the opportunity to communicate with family on a daily basis. I am also thankful for my wonderful family, I don't know what I'd do without them, THEY ARE AMAZING. My love for them has grown so much while I have been away at school. I miss them dearly and can't wait to be home again! I am also thankful for my wonderful friends, including Matthew. They are such amazing influences on me and we always have so much fun together. I am so thankful for Elder Erickson who introduced Matthew and me. :) Matthew is seriously amazing! he never gets mad at me. Once, I spilled a full frosty in his car and he laughed! He didn't get mad at all. And yesterday we made mac &cheese and I pretended that I dropped the bowl and spilled it in the other room.. "UH OH!" i said.. he replied with "What happened?" "I spilled ...all of it!" and he replied with, "Oh it's okay." Now, i was totally joking trying to see what he would do. He is such a good influence! and he has been reading the Book of Mormon daily which encourages me that i need to be doing the same thing in my life.

Overall, I love my friends and family so much!!




also, just recently I have been reminded of how pretty my sister is.. please admire :)



she is amazingly beautiful! i am so happy for her! she is getting married december 23 in the Dallas, Texas Temple! :) way exciting!! it will be the a good reunion with all the siblings since June! way too long! I will be seeing Aly and Alicia tomorrow at Aly's wedding shower, I am excited. I will also be seeing my grandmother and aunt Melissa whom both i haven't seen in a long time, twill be a marvelous occasion :)

"I have a family here on earth, they are so good to me. I want to spend my life with them through all eternity. Families can be together forever, through Heavenly Father's plan. I always want to be with my own family, and the Lord has shown me how i can..."


love you all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry it's taken me so long to read your blogs! I must say, they are awesome! Keep it up! What a fun way to hear what's going on!

We all miss you - but we are so excited for you!

BTW - we are hoping UTAH kicks TCU's purple booty today!

Unknown said...

:))))
yay